Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hidden Gems: Names Ending with "L" Sound (Boys)

Denzel Washington via biography.com

In a world of names ending in -n, -y/-ie/-i/-ey, and -a, some parents may want a different feel for their child's name. As I was thinking about this, the fact that my daughter's name ended with an "l" sound jumped out at me and made me want to gather similar names. What I found was a tremendous group of hidden gems!

There are quite a few so we'll start with the boy names. Only seven names ending with an "l" sound were in the Top 100 in 2011: Michael, Daniel, Gabriel, Samuel, Angel, Nathaniel, and Cole. Here are some others I found...

Abdul
Abel
Adriel
Al
Angel
Ansel
Aristotle
Axel
Bartle
Basil
Bill
Brasil
Burl
Cal
Cale
Campbell
Carl
Carlisle
Cashel
Castle
Cole
Cyril
Dale
Daniel
Darrell
Dashiell
Dell
Denzel
Earl
Emmanuel
Emile
Errol
Ezekiel
Gabriel
Gale
Gil
Hal
Hale
Hansel
Herschel
Ishmael
Jamal
Joel
Kyle
Lionel
Lowell
Lyle
Manuel
Marcel
Marshall
Maxwell
Merle
Merrill
Michael
Miguel
Mitchell
Montel
Nathaniel
Neil
Neville
Nigel
Noel
Odell
Orel
Orville
Pascal
Paul
Percival
Phil
Randall
Raphael
Raul
Russell
Sal
Samuel
Saul
Steele
Terrell
Tyrell
Uriel
Val
Vidal
Wendel
Will
Zuriel

Do you see any hidden gems? What is your favorite "ends with an 'l' sound" boy name?

The girls list will come tomorrow.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My brother's name is Paul, my husband and I like the name Samuel, and I like Cole since it's the shorter version of my name, Nicole.

    The "l" sound ending does make a difference that's quite refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post. muslim baby names

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on this blog! Please remember that we are respectful of other people's opinions.